Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The article has not been previously published or sent to another journal.
- The file has been formatted with the template provided in Microsoft Word, rtf or wordperfect.
- Web pages or dois have been added in references where possible.
- Authors have followed the template format and all illustrations, figures and tables are in the correct place in the text and not at the end of the document.
- The text meets the bibliographic requirements indicated.
The text does not contain personal information or any other information that will make the blind peer review process difficult.
- I declare that I have the capacity (individually or from my institution) to assume the payment of APCs set by the journal in case the article is approved for publication. If I do not assume the initial cost, I assume that my article will not be published.
The opinions and contents of the manuscript published in IJEP are under exclusive responsibility of the author(s). Therefore, authors are responsible for obtaining copyright permission for reproducing the material published in other publications.
All articles are published under Creative Commons copyright (CC BY). Authors hold the copyright and retain publishing rights without restrictions, but authors allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy articles as the original source is cited.
Information Identity of the Controller of the Processing of Personal Data:
Hipatia Press is a non-profit publishing house focused on the dissemination of scientific journals and books based on their quality and not on commercial objectives.
- Identity: (CIF) B64849292
- Address: C/ Claramunt, num. 4, local 2, 08030 Barcelona (Spain)
- Telephone: +34 93 302 12 26
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://hipatiapress.com
Protection of personal data by the GDPR:
Hipatia Press magazines in the application of the current regulations on the protection of personal data, informs that all data entered in this magazine will be used exclusively for the purposes stated by the same and will not be available for any other purpose or any other person or entity.
This data, entered through forms, will be stored in automatic files under the responsibility of the Data Controller identified above.
How do we obtain your data?
Mainly, we obtain your data through the information you provide us with through forms such as the registration process of the magazine or the aggregation of contributors in the article. This information is name, surname, affiliation, country, and email address. Optionally, you can also provide us with your telephone number, postal address, biographical summary, ORCID, and image.
Your data will be used in connection with the role you undertake in the magazine, but will generally be used for notification, management, and publication of submissions. This data will not be shared with third parties and will always be visible to the editors and administrators of the magazine.
The journal has different roles, which are grouped into the following: Reader, Author, Reviewer, and Editor. Given that the purpose of the data depends on the role exercised in the journal, we show below the purpose of each of them:
- Reader: the data will be used for identification and notification of new numbers (the latter only in case the user allows notifications).
- Author: in addition to identification and notification, your data will be used for article management purposes by the editor. Once the article has been accepted and published, the name, surname, affiliation, ORCID, and biography will be indexed in the journal's databases and visible to the journal's readers and visitors, according to the signed agreement.
- Reviewer: due to the blind review, reviewers will at no time have access to the author's personal data. Your personal data will be consulted by the editors in order to be selected in the review process.
- Editor: The editor's personal data (first name, surname, affiliation, and country) are visible on the "Editorial Team" page for identification purposes.
- Administrator: the administrator of the magazine is a single role held by the Hipatia Press technical team. This role is not involved in the editorial activity and can consult and edit all incoming data in the system for management purposes and to solve technical problems.
Retention period of your personal data
In general, the personal data provided by the user will remain in the database, unless the user expressly requests otherwise. In the latter case, we will apply the rights arising from the data processing.
Recipients of personal data
In general, the data entered will be used for the identification and management of the system. Users who are not involved in the publication process, such as readers, their data will be used for notification purposes, the recipient of the data being the technological system itself, which will process them for this purpose. On the other hand, active users, such as authors or reviewers, the main recipients are the journal editors who will use their data for notification, identification, and management of the publication process.
It should also be noted that some data will be published on the journal's website, in which case the recipients will be the visitors themselves. In the case of editors, their personal data (name, surname, affiliation, and country) will be displayed on the "Editorial Team" page for identification purposes. On the other hand, in the case of authors, their personal data (name, surname, affiliation, ORCID, and biography) will be visible on the page of the final published article, as indicated in the signed agreement.
Finally, in relation to the data of minors, an explicit contract from the minor's guardians is required in order to register and manage their data in the system.
Rights arising from the processing of personal data
Registered Hipatia users have the right to:
- Access: request information on what personal data the system stores and the processing applied.
- Ratification: request the rectification of personal data.
- Opposition: you may oppose the processing of personal data, unless it is strictly necessary for the editorial process, as indicated in the regulations. With the exception of published articles, which are covered by the Hipatia Press Association Policy, https://hipatiapress.com/hpjournals/index.php/generos/editorial/autoria.
- Suppression: you can request the suppression of your personal data as long as it does not affect the articles published according to the agreement signed. In the case of personal data published in articles already published, it will be subject to the current regulations of the Hipatia Press Association https://hipatiapress.com/hpjournals/index.php/generos/editorial/autoria.
Cookies are data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. The browser stores each message in a file called a cookie. When you request another page from the server, your browser sends the cookie back to the server. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember information or record user browsing activity.
Essential cookies for OJS
To continuously improve our services we use external analytics solutions. We always use the maximum level of anonymity allowed in third-party services.
- Google Analytics